The Grower Champagne revolution is slowly gaining momentum as this recent article I found points out. The big names are startiing to feel the heat - have they had it too good for too long? If you still need convincing on Grower Champagne here is a neat summary as to why Grower is definitely the way to go:
- The Champagne you are purchasing comes from families not factories. They produce thousands of bottles not millions.
- You are buying a wine with authenticity, character and provenance. It tells the story of the village and vineyard it came from and the family that made it.
- Grower Champagne is honestly priced - based on what it cost the grower to produce it and make a small profit and not to support a huge marketing budget selling a 'brand'.
- You are making your own decision when you buy a Grower Champagne - well done, you have not succumbed to the marketing glitz like all the others.
- You are buying a quality Grand Cru Champagne for a fraction of the price of big name Prestige Cuveé - for the price of one of them you could have 2
or 3 grower Champagnes!
More, better, for less - its a-no brainer!
Lots of Grand Cru Grower Champagnes available in our Champagne Store!
Write a comment